Friday 12 September 2014

Friday's Paper Party

Its that time of the week again....


Its time to show some of your creations, designs, blocks - anything made with Paper Piecing....
*******************




This is my "Waterfall" Art Quilt I've been busy with  - trying to get it finished







The quilted lines of the water was done in grey/ white variegated thread.





Here we have the finished piece. My design wall  is a piece of batting that hangs in front of the cupboard doors, so the cupboard handles keep getting in my way. Aaaargh!!!
They stick out in the quilt and make it bulge in places - 

(Ah ha! idea!) so I tugged and pulled a little and sewed it down in places and held it up in places and a 3D quilt was born.....



I have to take this photo from the side so that you can see the water, some of the rocks and the main part of the waterfall all bulge out and make the waterfall seem much more realistic.


  From the front you don't really get the full effect of it. 


Now! Lets get on with Paper Piecing Party Time!.....

Link up your amazing blocks and lets visit a few too...


Follow on Bloglovin







7 comments:

Vera said...

you are making 3D now! whoa! :)

Preeti said...

Amazing work!

Kitty said...

This is awesome! Your designs are so complex... I love it! I have a lot of super complex designs in my head that haven't yet made it to paper, but it's encouraging to see that other people DO create intricate pictorial paper pieced art quilts! I'm so happy to find your blog. Found you on Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday... I'm now a new follower of yours :)

Aoife said...

I love the little stitches of grass you've added along some of the rocks! And how much motion you've managed to put into the water, it's lovely :)

Liz said...

Holy Wow! This is remarkable.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, Janeen, I love your waterfall quilt! Clever to make it 3D!

Kathleen said...

Love this! Did you do the grass by machine or are those hand stitched? Regardless, nice touch!