Wednesday 10 February 2016

Honey Bee Week #2

 HI!
Its Week #2 of our
Honey Bee Art Quilt
 





Lets get started.....
This week we put section #2 together which is the Queen Bee legs and body.








I taped together the large pieces with their corresponding numbers and then arranged them out on my desk.
I like to do this because I can then see the sections that need to get joined together




I write onto each little piece the number or the name of the colour fabric Im going to be using.
Please remember to match up colours - The wand in the queen's hand needs to be the same as the piece 1 pieces and not like mine...
Not a train smash - things like this can get fixed with FMQ later on. I only noticed it once everything was joined, so I decided to leave it. 




This is our Week 2 pattern pieces joined together.
I gave my Queen some cute bee shoes..... just because...

 This piece really didn't take long to put together.
If there are some ladies wanting to still join in - then go for it - there isn't a lot to catch up on...



You can go ahead and join week 1 and week 2 together. Make sure to match up the body and wings.



SOOOO CUTE!!


She is just so darn cute. I'm sorry I didn't add eyelashes to the pattern now. No worries. You can add some with FMQ. If you are going to do a lot of sewing over the top in one place, then remember to iron a piece of interfacing to the back. It will stabilize the section.

I hope you all have loads of fun sewing this Art Quilt together.

If you would still like to join us then -
Honey Bees Info HERE

********************************

 Thanks for stopping by!









1 comment:

Sew Surprising said...

Id say she is the " bees knees" hahahahah