Monday 8 February 2016

'Lil Bitty Block #2

Hi there everyone!
Today we have our Bitty Block #2 for 2016...


A beautiful Rose...
and just in time for Valentine too



Considering that the block is supposed to be 4", I've been a little lenient and made this one 5" because otherwise you might bust something and that wouldn't be good....


Only one section (B) is a bit of a challenge. You might need to do some colouring in before the time to save your sanity.

Make sure to write the correct names down and that should also save you wanting to throw something at a later stage.





This is my finished Rose.

I trimmed it down to about 4.5".

 I like it even with its stupid mistake.... and when I looked at what I had written for that section, I did write the grey colour which should have been the background colour.....

I'll just have to make some more in different colours ...







Ive included in the pattern a smaller size (5") and a larger size (6") Rose. 

FREE Pattern in my Craftsy shop.
I hope you give it a try....


More info on the Bitty blocks HERE



Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

frstborn said...

As ususal - beautiful!

Afton Warrick said...

What a beautiful pattern!

Afton Warrick said...

I'd love if you shared your lesson in labeling at my linky party: http://quiltingmod.blogspot.com/2016/02/lessons-learned-linky-2.html

Susan said...

Beautiful Rose. Thank you.

I would never have guessed you made a mistake. It took me a while to figure out what is was. I had to keep scrolling back and forth, comparing each piece before I finally figured it out. I still don't really see it as a mistake. It looks fine to me the way it is.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Great tip for labeling those tiny sections so you don't lose your sanity! Beautiful rose block.

legato1958 said...

What a pretty bitty block! Thanks so much, Janeen!
Susie